Choosing Your Replacement Window Styles
If you’ve decided that it’s time to replace your home’s old windows with high-performance vinyl windows, you’ll need to select the window styles that will work best for different areas of your home. While you may think “windows are windows,” you should consider that performance and aesthetics vary widely with different window styles. For example, a picture window that allows for ample views of the outside might be a good option for a large opening in your living room, while you may want an awning window that’s easy to open for your bathroom.
Your Style Options
We’ve put together a list of some of the most popular window styles that you may want to consider for your home:
- Awning – Awning windows feature a single pane that opens outward and are ideal for areas that require ventilation.
- Bay and bow – If you’re looking for a striking architectural addition for your home, these windows will certainly grab attention.
- Casement – Casement windows attach to the frame on one side and open using a hand crank.
- Double-hung – One of the most popular options, classic double-hung windows have two operable sashes.
- Hopper – Popular for basements, hopper windows are similar to awning windows but are attached to the frame at the bottom.
- Picture – Picture windows don’t open and often feature a large pane of glass sans grids.
- Sliding – Just like a sliding door, sliding windows move along a track and provide a tight seal when closed.
- Specialty – If you have an image in your head that doesn’t match any of the standard styles, most manufacturers offer custom windows in various geometric shapes.
Let the Experts Help
If you’re having trouble deciding which window styles are right for your New Jersey home, contact Window & Door Outlet, Inc. today. We’ll be happy to help you choose the perfect windows to match your style preferences and budget.