Many homeowners will only have to replace their roof once in their lifetime, so it’s not surprising if you’re unfamiliar with all of the factors that go into a roof installation project. Of course, the most important step in the process, as is the case with any home improvement project, is finding a roofing company that offers top-quality work.
The Steps of a Roof Replacement Project
Having a new roof installed on your home isn’t as simple as tearing off the old shingles and installing new ones. A well-made roofing system includes a variety of important elements that all work together to provide the long-term protection your home deserves.
- A solid roof deck that is free of rot and able to adequately support your new roof
- Waterproofing underlayment that protects your roof’s most vulnerable areas, including its hips, ridges, and valleys
- A second layer of underlayment that provides leak protection for the entire surface of your roof
- Starter shingles that protect the areas of the roof that need to be fortified against strong winds, including the eaves and gables
- Your preferred asphalt shingles; options include strip, dimensional, luxury, and designer shingles
- Proper ventilation elements to help keep attic temperatures down and prevent premature roof deterioration
- Accessory shingles that provide an extra layer of weather protection for the hip and ridge lines
New Jersey’s Roofing Leader
Window & Door Outlet, Inc., offers roofing solutions for every budget, and our commitment to providing flawless installations and unmatched customer service has helped us earn an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Contact us today to schedule a no-obligation roof inspection for your NJ home.